Friday, March 25, 2011

The dentists chair

I had an epiphany this morning...yayyyyyy big word :) ..my mind wandered back to when i was a child and my parents would take me to the dentist for regular checkups , unfortunately my teeth have always been prone to cavities and I also had to get braces...sigh and thus the visits were more frequent than I would have liked..it was always a terrifying experience for me I hated needles, I hated pain and my dentist had a strange name as she wasn't Kenyan ..Dr weglarz And she would place me in the seat and takeout the needle to numb my gums and would try and comfort my distraught self and say 'no pain..no pan 'in her accented English...and off I would go!!ask my mother,i gave the nurses and my parents a run for their money! Out of the office, and into the corridors and would enjoy my freedom for a couple of seconds before my captors would catchup with me and return me kicking and screaming back into 'the chair' and shortly the pain would begin..and the tears would come.. But eventually it would end and I would be given a lollipop and enjoy a trip to the ice cream parlor with my father..for some reason this scenario played out in my head as I was talking to God this morning and I realized I've always been a stubborn child..even when those around me were trying to show me what's good for me I would run in the opposite direction..even with God..but a few years back he finally held me down and I finally stopped running..long enough for him to 'fix my cavities' and set 'my teeth straight' so that I may live right and stay on the path I was intended to walk on.. He loves me and wants the best for me and now that I look back..im glad I allowed him to hold me down on the dentists chair, it all worked out for my good.
Jeremiah 29:11.


June 24, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment