Friday, March 25, 2011

Last one standing

There comes a time in every woman's life when you wake up from your teenage dream
And realize you are knocking on the big 30
Your closest ride or die girls are now married and having babies
Weekend plans become scarcer and scarcer, you become the fifth wheel so they stop calling and inviting you for plans,no matter how much you try and maintain the friendships it becomes impossible,for they have moved on to the next phase,
They need like minded friends, married friends..with kids
So you start from scratch and make new friends,but its not the same..they don’t know your history,they don't know about your first crush, or know why you have a long scar on your knee, or why you cry every time a certain song comes one..
Life is like that ,a constant cycle of new phases..this one caught me off guard,
But I am a woman, I am strong, I refuse to be sad and lonely,
Im going to enjoy this new phase of self discovery, for I am not alone
I never thought id be the last one standing, im saying goodbye to the past..
Looking above as he guides me, getting closer and closer to his heart.

March 31, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment